Retail security Officer - #600236
BARDWOOD SUPPORT SERVICES LIMITED
BardWood Support Services are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for Retail Security Officers that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility, and determination to provide the highest standard of operational service within a busy environment. The ideal candidates will possess the skills to deliver an effective and efficient service to the organisation.
As a retail security officer, you will be working in a well-known retail store, providing safety and security to both staff and visitors alike, as well as acting as a visual deterrent to help prevent/minimise stock loss. This store is known worldwide for its value furniture and home wear, all of which need to be strictly monitored to ensure stock loss is minimised. You will be representing BardWood and our client, providing a service to the highest standards in a fast paced, prestigious store. The position requires you to have a high level of self-presentation, customer service & communication skills are essential along with a positive/helpful attitude.
Shift pattern: 36-48hrs, days, must be fully flexible, 4 on 4 off, 10-12 hour shifts
Location: BS5 6XX
The National Minimum Wage is set to increase to 10.42 by April.
- Winter Support Package - Supporting people in the latest energy price increase
- Cycle to work scheme- Allows you to hire a bike, interest-free, from Mitie whilst making attractive tax and national insurance savings
- Smart tech - Allowing employees to buy the latest tech, deducted from their salary’s monthly at no additional interest
- Mi-Deals Reloadable Vouchers for - Sainsburys, B&Q, Argos, ASDA, can be spent on holidays, leisure, Fashion, Food Shopping, home and garden, pets etc.
- Life Cover - Mitie provides life cover as a lump sum benefit in the event of death, under a scheme called the Mitie Group plc Life Assurance Trust
- Private Medical Cover and Virtual GP - This cover offers the opportunity to seek private healthcare treatment, speeding up the treatment received, getting you back up -running sooner.Virtual GP is supported from a team of qualified and experienced health professionals from nurses to senior consultants.
- Childcare VouchersandPrivate Pensions - It can be alongside the government’s 30 hours free childcare if you’re eligible for both. All government provided childcare is administered independently of Mitie.
- Mitie will enroll you into a workplace pension scheme, which meets certain statutory requirements
- Salary Finance loans / monthly advance - Provides you access to responsibly borrow and use financial education.
- Communication must be to the highest standards
- Customer focus must be to the highest standards
- 5-year checkable work/career history.
- Full confidence to be able to work in a one-man store.
- Patrol Retail Store Premises, Investigate Disturbances, Monitor Entry and Exit Points of the Retail Store.
- Act visual deterrent.
- Assisting the customer
- Front desk-based duty.
Essential skills needed:
- Experience in a similar role, would an advantage
- Physically fit to undertake given tasks
- Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Effective Communicator
- Display a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
- The ability to work independently or as a team
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you are someone that is practically minded and able to work on your own, this position will be perfect for you.