Sales Intern (12-month placement) - #561653
Are you a University student seeking an industry placement opportunity?
Do you want to have an impact and join a business where you can make a difference?
Join our Internship programme in Sales
For University students seeking a year in placement, Softcat's Internship Programme provides a fantastic opportunity to enhance and develop your skills and experience. Our 12-month programme will enable you to take on responsibilities within varied roles, lead on projects and make a genuine impact in our organisation. This is the first time Softcat are formally offering an internship programme, so it's an exciting opportunity to join!
About the Team
Our Sales teams play a crucial role in supporting the growth of our business, driving productivity, and enabling consistently high levels of service to our customers.
Success. The Softcat Way.
If you have the ambition and motivation – and you're keen to learn about new technologies – the Softcat culture here will bring out the best in you. You're encouraged to take responsibility for driving your own career progression. Ultimately the more you put in, the more you'll get out; great performance is always recognised and rewarded. We call it success, the Softcat way.
Learn from an award-winning department
As Sales Intern, you'll be responsible for:
- Working with our key sales functions, developing knowledge, and understanding of a sales career
- Collaborating with our sales teams, to support on live requests and projects
- Supporting our customers with their technology requirements
- Gaining experience in new business development, lead generation, and target marketing
- Learning about Softcat and our key partners' products, and how they can benefit businesses
- Building key sales skills such as communication, customer management and relationship building
What we need from you
- Currently a university student in your penultimate year, from any degree discipline
- Have a passion for sales and be keen to learn and develop your skill set
- Show an enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge for new and emerging technologies
- Be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner and be highly organised
- Demonstrate an alignment to our Softcat values & culture
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.