Project Officer - #459195
Post: Project Officer
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Research and Project Lead
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
About the organisation:
Our client is an award-winning social enterprise specialising in the economic, social, and civic integration of refugees via accommodation and community-based training support.
For all refugees coming to the UK to be successfully integrated into society with access to adequate accommodation, employment, and education.
Purpose of job:
The post holder will support the project management of both internal and external projects within the Project Management & Business Development Team. Key activities include supporting the Project/Business Team on the improvement and implementation of existing and new business processes and management information, active fundraising, and the project management of programmes and consultancy work.
Reporting directly to the Research & Project Lead, the post holder will be expected to manage their own independent workload, as well as support the broader team. The main responsibilities are outlined below:
Contribute towards achieving the organisation's project strategic objectives
- Provide administrative and Project assistance to Research & Project Lead to ensure effective development and delivery of all project and strategic objectives.
Build and manage projects & achieve work targets
- Maintain and process project paperwork including funding paperwork, recording invoices, payments, and budget.
- Manage project calendar to ensure timely delivery of reports, meetings, and other deadlines.
- Work with the Finance Team to efficiently administer invoices or project budget
- Provide administrative assistance to the project team in processing contracts, commissioning, partnerships, invoices, and other operational paperwork.
- Organise, store, and manage project information, documents, files, and data in line with GDPR and the organisation's relevant procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and regulations including Health and Safety, safeguarding, confidentiality and GDPR.
- Provide administrative tasks related to projects including event organising, liaising with interpreters, clients, and other stakeholders.
Learning & expertise
- Support administrative tasks in relation to programme statistics and reports including in relation to programme monitoring and evaluation.
Develop and manage external relationships
- Manage & assist with project communications and act as first point of contact for external general queries regarding on-going projects.
- Contribute to the organisation's networking and external meetings
- Support marketing team with media and communication administration activities.
Develop and manage internal relationships
- Support Research & Project Lead (and volunteers) with record keeping volunteer expenses and purchase of equipment.
- Participate in and contribute to organisational team meetings
- Develop and manage effective work relationships and mechanisms between relevant teams e.g., finance and operations/ Support & Training
Generate income and resources
- Provide administrative support to Research & Project Lead in relation to grants paperwork
- Work closely with Senior Manager and Finance Team to maintain accurate payment and reporting schedule of all grants
- Support with bid writing and other fundraising activities
Applicants need to have right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Our client may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
By clicking 'apply’ you will be taken to our client’s job advert on the Recruiterwise job portal, where you can see more details including the full PERSON SPECIFICATION for the role.
You will then be able to apply to the client directly.
Please send them a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing a) why you are applying for this role and b) how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role (from PERSON SPECIFICATION.)