Warehouse Operative - Bristol - #418740
PHS Group Plc
Bristol BS11 8AP
Full Time Permanent Position
Immediate Start Available
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team on a Full Time and Permanent basis as a Warehouse Operative situated at our Bristol Operations Centre for phs Teacrate, part of phs Group – the leading Hygiene Services provider in the UK.
We need that special someone with experience in either production, manufacturing or with warehouse experience to assist the depot with the day-to-day running of the storage facilities.
A day in the life of a Warehouse Operative with phs Teacrate will involve:
- Assist with the daily loading and unloading of all company delivery vehicles.
- Carrying out various tasks to continue providing the highest levels of service to our customers.
- Accurately counting and checking crates and equipment accepted into and out of the warehouse.
- Occasional cover for Drivers, delivering direct to our customer base.
- To keep the warehouse clean and tidy as directed.
In return for your expertise as a Warehouse Operative
- Salary of £19,760
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (31 days in total)
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- 24 hour welfare helpline
- New fully furnished vehicle
- PHS Perks discount card, accepted at over 850 retailers
The ideal candidate for a Warehouse Operative with phs Teacrate will have:
- A polite, courteous and helpful attitude when dealing with our customers.
- Self motivation to work alone and as part of a team.
- Previous experience hitting KPI’s and working in a warehouse environment.
- A Full UK Manual Driving Licence excluding DR/DD/CD/TT/IN/AC may be required to cover drivers in absence, but this is not essential.
- Completing all delivery and collection notes in accordance with company policy.
- Treating all company property with care and consideration.
About phs Teacrate
phs Teacrate is the market leader in crate supply and washing services in the UK, providing a nationwide service with sites including Manchester, Edmonton, Durham, Livingston in Scotland and Curdworth in Birmingham.
Part of the phs Group, it provides its customers with crate rental or purchase and a high quality, hygienic crate washing service, particularly important for the food processing and distribution markets. Other key sectors include removals and storage, retail and education. It moves over nine million crates a year and has capacity to wash over 600,000 crates per week nationally. It also supplies skates and packing equipment.
phs Teacrate’s range of trackable barcoded crates allows increased visibility during transport, particularly important for multiple locations or drop-offs, and a porter service for precise delivery within a building.
At phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.